Friday, December 14, 2007

mrrf

My doggy died yesterday. Very sad. She was pretty old and had lots of problems, so my mom took her to the vet and they put her down. I guess we're gonna get the ashes and think of something nice to do. Maybe sprinkle them around out in the woods where we used to live.

Last night Oleya invited me to her company X-mas party, where we proceeded directly to the open bar. Not like we got plastered or anything, that's just all there was to do before the awesome dinner. I had prime rib with garlicky mashed potatoes and veggies. Even the salad and bread was ridiculously good. Finished off with the richest carrot cake I've ever had. So much creamy frosting it was almost cheesecake-like in consistency. Met some of her co-workers, which was fun. There was live jazz.

Today is my last day in-house at IGN as they've decided they don't need a freelancer to sit around bored at the office while there's nothing exciting going on in the PC dept. Just as well if other things pan out, I guess, but we'll have to see if they pan out.

I did manage to scrounge up some work to putter about on after the deadline on Saturday, which I STILL haven't written anything for. I think it's probably just that holiday syndrome. Well, that and I've just been out doing things.

Like eating too much Japanese food and watching Advent Children with dudes from IGN! That was fun. I liked the movie, too. So pretty, la la la. Yes, I know how late I am to this party.

Speaking of parties, we're supposed to be having a Rock Band etc thing at my house on Sunday completely with holiday cheer, but I really need to clean up my room if anyone is going to fit in it. Only four people, but I have enough trouble finding places for two. Need...shelves. I wish I could just move in a studio nowwwwwwwwww...

*impatience ensues*

Anyways, I don't have any work to do at the moment...so...guess I'll just surf more.

No comments: