Saturday, February 07, 2009

Back to the dating, chillins

Singleness. I guess it's silly to note having a boyfriend and then not note being broken up. Things weren't working out at all, really.

Keeping myself busy, though. Lots of work to do, even if it isn't always writing about videogames. Actually, it seems like it rarely is these days, what with all the slashed freelance budgets.

I know I need to update my study blog, more, but you know, I also need to study more ;D

It's been suggested that I learn Spanish, and at this point, I don't think I'm against that (not that I ever was, obviously...but I've just been trying to find a way to get to Japan). I'm sure I could get a good job if I were bilingual Spanish, and it would be a hell of a lot easier to do that around here. I mean, I could just hang out with the people at the gelato shop downstairs, even. We'll see. I really want to just get fluent in Japanese -_- It seems like focusing would be best, but I dunno. I was learning three languages successfully in college, so...I dunno, I dunno.

Tennis is still going well, I think. Trying to figure out my serve. It's been rough. I have a new partner, although I think our first meet-up will be rained out. It's decided to be winter proper again, for a bit.

Tonight had dinner with some colleagues. Pretty exciting to see people, actually. I really like feeling like I have co-workers, or at least, you know...colleagues. People. I don't like being alone in the living room all day...

Tomorrow I'm going to Berkeley. I haven't been in ages, and really the only time I was downtown in the happening area was for an event at the comic shop. Gotta make sure I get a bunch of work done before that, though. Like maybe some user support and at least one article. I can take Henry Hatsworth with me on the BART. Working on that review has been the highlight of my week, probably.

No comments: