Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Tasty Pizza I Made


I cobbled together recipes from here and here.

Fig, Prosciutto, and Chevre Pizza

Crust:

1 cup luke warm water
1/4 oz envelope of active dry yeast
3 cups flour
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp fennel
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp salt

Topping:

a little more olive oil
fresh mozzarella (I used several medallions spaced pretty generously)
prosciutto (I used a whole package...probably like six big slices or something all ripped up?)
red onion (I used 3/4 of a med-large one, probably could've just done the whole thing)
fresh figs (sliced up all tasty)
chevre (I bought a four oz pack, but didn't use it all.)

Preheat the oven to 450. Dissolve the yeast in the water. Mix in the rest of the crust stuff and let it rise for 45 min. Then poke it a bunch and do your best to stretch it out to 1/4 in thickness. I didn't do that great a job, but it still came out terrific, so don't worry toooooo much. Brush it with a tiny bit olive oil and prebake it a couple minutes (without forgetting about it) while you...

Saute the onion and prosciutto in a tiny bit of olive oil for a while. Like, get it brown and caramelize-y. (Don't forget the pizza crust prebaking.) Then once that is pretty done you can turn it off and get your medallions read on your crust. Next add the prosciuttonion mix, then the figs, and crumble chevre on top.

Bake the whole thing for 15-20 minutes (till the edges are brown and it looks like food).

It is soooo tasty. We ate half of it (half in the fridge--w00t!) with a green salad plus heirloom tomatoes. I made the dressing Randy taught me:

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
a blob of brown mustard
salt and pepper
a minced shallot (or tonight I just used some red onion)

Just whip all of it together and drip it on whatever. So tasty.

No comments: