Monday, August 25, 2008

On Spontaneity

So I've realized that I'm the type of person who is up for bonus spontaneity. I was worried I was one of those people who actually enjoys living and dying by a schedule, but while I make my fair share of To Do lists, I'm happy to report that this is not the case.

I like having things to look foward to and I like knowing when my work needs to be done. In fact, it's quite frustrating to not have any plans. Full-on spontaneity 24/7 is, therefore, quite frustrating, but interpolating something spontaneous into vaguely (or un)defined time is hot.

That last bit is the key that saves me--I don't plan everything. Actually I used to try, and that was just an exercise in failure, haha. It's better to just set some milestones and phone the rest in as you go.

No comments: