Thursday, January 03, 2013

January 3, 2012 in 5 minutes

Ready...go:

Today I woke up ready to study kanji and realized I left it at my friend's house the other day. So instead the day ended up being a mix of Botchan and time wasting. Wish I could just understand that book, then I wouldn't have to waste so much time [dreading the dictionary]. But I'm pretty much running out of time altogether. Only 3 more days before I go back to school...

In the evening I went out with a friend to a vegetable restaurant neither of us had ever been to. I guess they serve some meat and things too; it's not vegetarian or vegan by any means, but just the veggies are super fresh and the variety is impressive. The salad bar had two types of tomatoes, the sweetest carrots I've ever eaten, at least two kinds of daikon, etc. Aside from that we had fried lotus root with melty mozzarella sandwiched in between and kabocha squash with curry gratin on top. That sounds really heavy and gross probably, but it was not. For desert, lemon tart.

And I'm past five minutes...

No comments: