Monday, January 06, 2014

Substitution for the 2013 wrap I didn't like

Had a horrible dream that I inadvertently skipped out on work without telling anyone.

Woke up, relieved it was still Monday, and ate the last of the X-mas cookies mom sent before heating up some ume daikon okayu for breakfast.

Did assorted Internet tasks.

Went to work. It was the first day back after winter break and I couldn't really catch the rhythm of all the standing and bowing as people went around greeting each other for the first time in 2014. You'd barely know it, but we're kind of down to crunch time on [all the work I've done for the past year]. I wish I felt like I was a little more on top of the process in addition to the actual work, if that makes sense, but maybe that is a good goal for 2014.

I'm guessing it was the fish I had for lunch, but whatever it was, something upset my stomach, so I felt pretty crummy for much of the afternoon. I took a walk anyways, since I told a friend I would get him a Hello Kitty x Arino Kachou plushie, which you have to reserve at Lawson.

Got home and made lemon soda water, sipped it while doing email and assorted Internet tasks……

Had a slice of awesome bread from Wisconsin with wonky pb. (Seriously, you can taste the extra oil they added. Never add oil to pb. Gross. I can't wait till my next order of Good Spread shows up.)

Proofed some manga.

First I was thinking I would edit the 2013 wrap I wrote and didn't post, and then post it, but it's still just kinda hokey. I dunno. Then I thought I would write something about things I'm looking forward to in 2014, but I guess I can still do that right now.

By the way, I took my hands out of the below scarf before writing this, lol. It was a present and it keeps me pretty warm in my room.


Anyways, on the horizon so far in 2014:

- Asymptote Journal translation contest results (Really crossing my fingers for even an honorable mention.)
- Manga Translation Battle results (Already a finalist so that is pretty cool! Would be great to win in my category.)
- Seeing the 有頂天家族 stage play on the 19th. (You can imagine how excited I am about this!)
- Will I be giving English lessons again? It's a possibility. (You know I would have to have a really good reason.)
- Taking a course called "The Modern and Postmodern" online.
- Accompanying a Japanese director to the Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival to promote/hopefully accept awards for this.

Probably plenty of other fun stuff. But for now, I need to get off my computer for a while.

No comments: